Kandariya Mahadev Temple
Kandariya Mahadeva Temple is the largest, tallest and most beautiful Hindu Temple of the Khajuraho Group of Temples. This medieval marvel dates back to 1050 BC and was built by Raja Dhandadeva, a strong Chandela ruler. The temple is embellished with ornate carvings and sculptures. Its main spire (Shikhara) depicts Mount Kailash and stands with a height of 31 meters. Surrounding this spire are other 84 miniature spires (Urushringas). This temple is dedicated to Hindu Lord Shiva, and has a Shiva Linga made of marbel, as its sanctum. About 646 statues are installed in its boundary that looks even more appealing. The façade of this temple is east facing.